.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cones... Some We Love, Some... No Not Really!

Yes, that's right, there are some cones I LOVE!!!  Others... NOT SO MUCH!!  Here are a few examples of cones I love:  (Found while browsing Pinterest)

Yum... Looks like a yummy sorbet!


Pretty cones to decorate for a party!


Cupcake Cones... Love that idea!


Then there are the kind of cones I've come to dislike just a bit...




...They're the dreaded cones and pylons that indicate the signs of road construction!  Narrowing traffic down to one lane, re-routing traffic or stopping traffic all together.  My commute to work is about 40 minutes each way (timed on the very rare occasion that I was able to drive the route without any obstructions).  I have to give myself plenty of extra time to get to work because I am constantly being stopped, re-routed or slowed down and jammed into one lane of traffic.  The other day, while viewing a new patch of road construction up ahead, I sighed...  I thought to myself that it's VERY difficult to get from one place to another around here, no matter what time of the year is!  There's either road construction on these country roads and bridges, or there's snow and ice! Living in Michigan now, for almost two years, I have come to realize what the people here mean when they say that there are two seasons in Michigan... The Construction Season and Winter!  It's so true!  So, when I get home from work, and all I can think of are great big orange cones... It drives me right to the fridge!  Wanting to unwind from the drive, and to settle in and relax with a great big ice cream cone!!  LOL!  All I can say is good thing we don't keep ice cream here all the time!




Source: google.com via Trina on Pinterest

Now that's a cone I love!!  :)

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thank you for stopping by today!  Wishing you yummy ice cream cones and safe travels around the dreaded cones and pylons!! 
~Trina

7 comments:

  1. What a unique mini photos essay today. Of the two, I think the chocolate chip mint kind is A LOT more fun, but without the orange kind we ultimately might not get ANYPLACE.
    ......and then there are the cones in the eye I'm grateful for that allow me to see the beautiful colors of your sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anita, glad you enjoyed!! Yes, chocolate chip mint is a lot more fun than the orange ones! LOL!

    I'm thankful to the construction workers for making our roads better... But having an ice cream cone is definitely much more fun than maneuvering through road construction any day of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those party cones. What a great idea!

    Now you just had me stuck on your pintrest page for a while. You collected some awsome pictures and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sher, I'm so happy you enjoyed browsing my Pinterest boards!! :) I love those party cones too! Thanks for visiting today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... I want an ice cream cone now. And I love the party cones decoration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL PoodlePoddles, I know... I want an ice cream cone now too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I'm off to the freezer for some coffee ice-cream! Hate the road cones ~ love the party cones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...