.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Walk Around Our Yard

The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous, so I ventured away from my studio this past weekend and we spent some time outside in our yard. I thought I'd share some pictures that I took while we were enjoying the beautiful afternoon.  


 .¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  We walked along the creek, the dogs looked for rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels and snakes... Happily I did NOT see any snakes!!  The farm next to us has now been planted.  We think it's corn, so soon we won't have the view that we do right now, it'll be rows and rows of tall corn for a while.  I remember the last time they planted corn, it looked so bare when they harvested it, it took a while for me to get used to the open space again.  I'm wondering what our dogs, Izzy and Emmi will think of the corn when it starts getting tall... Izzy is used to being able to see everything across the farmland and keeps a good eye on all of it, making sure nothing scampers into our yard.  She likes to sit at the edge of our property and watch for the longest time.  She wasn't with us yet the last time they grew corn.






 .¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  Looking around our yard, one of my favorite trees is our Red Maple, and I also love our Weeping Willows.  I always thought Weeping Willows were such romantic trees, George... Not so much!  He thinks they are a bit messy... He's right, they do shed their leaves a lot!  Among many other kinds of trees in our yard, we have quite a few Black Walnut trees and a few Apple trees... We also have a tree stump in our front yard that has petrified mushrooms on it, so I took a picture of it.   







.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ ...Oh, and an update on those baby Robins;  Yes, they really did grow into their very BIG beaks!  Only three of the five are left in their nest now, and one of them ~ anxious to fly ~ tried to get away while we were looking at them.  It seemed like he wasn't quite ready to fly yet, so George put him back in his nest.  They sure grew up fast!
 








.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  Thank you so much for sharing our walk today!  Wishing you a great week!  ~Trina

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful yard and view. I remember when the corn was tall. That's all I could see. Thank you for sharing your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely yard!
    All of my favourite trees seem to be messy ones too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely walk, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. . .So happy you shared all that lush landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful yard! And gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...