.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Etsy Finds Friday - Suzanne's Pottery Farm

It's **Etsy Finds Friday**
Today I am featuring the
the Awesome Pottery
 Created by:
Suzanne of
Suzanne's Pottery Farm


In the Artist's Own Words:
My name is Suzanne and I love clay. I love how it feels and even how it smells. I love to throw clay, and I am totally amazed with what can be made using clay. The 5 clays that I use are: raku, porcelain, and three colors of stoneware. I like each one for its own unique properties and can't give up any one of them because each one is used to create something different.  Almost everything that I make is thrown on the wheel - vases and urns, piggy banks and bunny banks and pieces that make my grandchildren happy--and make me happy too--, mugs with big handles, all sizes and shapes of pitchers, garden and fairy garden items, and a lot of seasonal items. 
 
I am a left-handed potter and I throw in the opposite direction of most other potters. For the main part, I taught myself how to throw clay on the potters wheel. (The potters wheel that I learned on is a very special wheel that was made for me by my father. It was made from a tractor axle, electrified, and it is a three speed stick-shift with a clutch. The wheel is still in use - now I use it to grind the bottoms of each piece as it comes out of the kiln, to be certain the bottoms are nice and smooth. )

Horsehair  burned onto Porcelain Vase 


Mini Houses - Set-5 -Handmade, Wheel Thrown


Piggy Bank - Handmade on the potters wheel - 


Wedding Favor Shamrock Bowls - 10, Handmade, Shades of Green -  Shower Favors, Table Setting Decoration, Good Luck, Irish - Made to Order 

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  Click HERE to visit Suzanne's Etsy Shop and see more of her wonderful pottery pieces!   
.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thank you for stopping by for my Etsy Finds Friday post!!  Please stay tuned for next Friday's Find... It could be YOU! :)   Happy Friday!!   
~Trina

6 comments:

  1. Love that vase! And I love the story about the handmade wheel with a three speed and a clutch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pottery! The pig is the cutest with it's cork nose and I love the little mini houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired potters and pottery. Tried it once myself too!
    Items that are made with joy are the best - love those shamrock bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that vase is georgeous! I love the feel of clay too, but have no room for a wheel. Thanks for sharing this great artist. I look forward to your Friday finds. :0)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to try my hand at pottery - maybe one day! These are great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! I love those small houses. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...