.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snowfest!

We bundled up very warm and went to the Snowfest in Frankenmuth last night, and it was a lot of fun!  Frankenmuth is Michigan's Little Bavaria, and the architecture of the shops and buildings reflect the Bavarian charm.  The trees that line the main street were strung with white twinkly lights, giving it such a magical feel. We arrived just in time to see the very end of the fireworks show, which lit up the winter sky beautifully.  This year they are celebrating the 20th Anniversary for the Zehnder's Snowfest.  I read that twenty years ago they would have been happy to have had 10,000 visitors come to see the snow carving competition... that first year they had about 80,000 visitors ~ a success from the very start!  The annual event brings world-class snow and ice carvers to Little Bavaria, and they all did an amazing job this year... by the end of the weekend they will attract about 150,000 visitors to view their incredible work!  As we walked up and down the main street, sipping hot chocolate to keep warm, we enjoyed all the snow and ice sculptures ~ and I took lots of pictures, here are a few...  Enjoy!














 .¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ My personal favorite is the Band Snow Sculpture!   Great detail work... the drummer, guitar player, singer... even the speakers!  Which one is your favorite?
Have a wonderful day! ~Trina

8 comments:

  1. Love this post....what a cool (literally) event! The sculptures are breathtaking! It's neat how some are clear, and some are white....just amazing, I've never seen anything like it! Okay, so I have two favorites...the boy licking the lamp post and the shark...Hooray Snowfest! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed my Snowfest post today Tina!!! The two you picked as favorites are great ones! The boy licking the lamp post made everyone laugh and think of the movie "A Christmas Story." Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredible carvings. I like the one of the little boy with his tongue on the lamp post. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies. "A Christmas Story"
    Great pictures!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, what talented sculptors. The tongue on the lamp post is my favorite..... brings back memories..ouch!! BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Mom!! I was posting my reply to Tina right as you were posting your comment... "A Christmas Story" is one of my favorite movies too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks BJ, so glad you enjoyed seeing the pictures! I think the tongue on the lamp post sculpture is going to win as a favorite, hands down!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing those amazing photos! I was amazed at the detail on those sculptures. I'm happy that you are finding things to do that help you find beauty in the midst of a Michigan winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy that you enjoyed seeing the sculptures Diane! I definitely need to find things to do, to help me see beauty and continue to be inspired through the gloomy winter!! Going to the Dow Gardens next... Haven't been there yet and really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...