.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Snowfest 2012

It's George's family tradition to go to Zehnder's Snowfest every year.  This is the third year that I have gone. The winter of 2009/2010 was my first winter living here... My first time to go to the Snowfest and it was absolutely FREEZING!  Being new to Michigan winters, I didn't quite know how to dress for these kinds of things, however I have definitely learned since then!  So, when we went last year I had LOTS of layers on!  It was an even colder and snowier winter, but I stayed warmer because I was better prepared.  It was cold yesterday also, there were flurries in the air, but the sun did come out for a little while, which was very welcome and warmed us up a bit.  We made sure to have some nice hot chocolate as we walked down the main street of Frankenmuth.  I love walking down the main street there, it's such a quaint and pretty street with many shops to visit.  Like every year, there were a lot of great snow and ice sculptures to see.  It hadn't snowed very much this winter leading up to the opening of the Snowfest, luckily the temperatures were low and the sculptures stayed nice throughout the weekend.  Before heading back, we warmed up... (And thawed out)... in a warming tent while eating lunch, it was a fun afternoon.  Here's the link to my post from last year, where there are some more fun snow and ice sculptures to see:  http://trinastrinketts.blogspot.com/2011/01/snowfest.html   ~ And below are some pictures that I took yesterday... 










 This one was my favorite ice sculpture :)



Such a pretty covered bridge



.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thank you so much for visiting today!  Wishing you a great day!
~Trina

12 comments:

  1. Wow! What beauty and talent!
    My mom has talked about Frankenmuth before. My parents are in the Kalamazoo area, so you must not be far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, glad you enjoyed the pics. Kalamazoo is about 2 1/2 hours from Frankenmuth... I'm sure it's a pretty drive, I've never been there but have heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina, I love the Carousel horse ~ What talented people to be able to do such large sculptures. I loved visiting Frankenmuth ~ you are so right about it being quaint. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome sculptures!
    The last picture put a smile on my face (seeing as I live in Germany) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the photographs Trina! Thank you so much for posting them.

    I'm glad you were warm this year and especially glad that you got a little sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I would definitely make that a tradition of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely event to go to, even if it was cold!...your photographs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog Trina!

    I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award here: http://megansbeadeddesigns.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/guess-who-has-two-thumbs-and-is-a-versatile-blogger-this-gal/

    ♥ Keep on being a fabulous blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! I have never been to the snowfest but I've been to Frankenmuth so many times! We (Mom, Sis, her kids, my kids) started going there when the kids were little for our Mom's & kid's trips. We always stayed at the Bavarian Inn. To keep the kids on their best behavior while we shopped, we promised them an early dinner and the rest of the night was all theirs to do what they wanted. That usually meant the pool and miniature golf in the basement of the Inn.

    Frankenmuth is a fun place to go! It's nice to wait until the weather is warmer too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trina, love your pictures! I have been to Frankenmuth once and it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing!
    Living in Sydney I never get to see snow. I would love to visit snowfest someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...