.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Favorite Place!

The snow is getting OLD!  And I am tired of the COLD!  (Hey, that rhymes!)  As I was driving home from work the other day I was noticing how gray and bare the trees are, and how much I am looking forward to the little buds beginning to appear on them!  Even though it was cold outside, I decided that since the sun was shining I'd go to my favorite place for a nice brisk walk. I love to go for walks, but during the winter I don't walk as much. 

My favorite place... It's a beautiful park with walking trails and a very unique bridge, I've spent a lot of time there. As the seasons change so does the park, and they do an amazing job with the flowerbeds and landscaping throughout the entire place.  During the different seasons I find so much inspiration there, and always have my camera with me. Yes, the park is beautiful no matter what time of year it is, but it's especially beautiful in the springtime and summer!  They have a wonderful Farmers Market there in the summer, which I also enjoy.  Not quite the same when I stopped for my walk the other day ~ The Farmers Market is closed and snow covers the place where it would be... Not many people were out walking (just me, the crazy one).  But I enjoyed my walk and when I came home I decided to post some of my favorite pictures that I've taken of my favorite place... Enjoy!   



The Midland Tridge is a unique three-legged bridge that crosses the confluence of the Tittabawassee and Chippewa Rivers in downtown Midland, Michigan. It is the starting point of the Pere Marquette Rail Trail, a popular skating and bicycling trail, and crosses over to Midland's Chippewassee Park, the location of many festivals and activities throughout the year.





Beautiful scenery, lots of pretty flowers, and check out the bee in the first picture below... He was having a great time going from flower!






I thought you would enjoy a bit of color, pretty flowers and green grass... Especially those of you who may be a bit snow weary at the moment!  The two pictures below...  That's what it really looked like here on the day I went for my walk:   




.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Wishing you a bright and beautiful day!!
~Trina


10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful place Trina, no wonder you like walking there, especially when the flowers are in bloom.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. No matter where you live in the winter of 2011 you're tired of the cold. My winter decor is going away today and I'm breaking out the spring stuff. We need to find our sunshine where ever we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is beautiful there Mom! Glad you enjoyed seeing the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gayl! I agree, it's time to put away the winter and break out the spring!!

    I think I needed to look at something bright and cheery... I knew these pictures would be a sight for sore eyes for me! I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that you went to your special place in the winter too....that is the thing about favorite places, it 's great to have memories of it at all different times and seasons. That looks like the coolest spot! Meanwhile, as you wait for spring....I wish for you a warm day in your studio, the sun shining brightly through your window and inspiration all around you today. Sending big WARM wishes and lots of love....xo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Tina!! I love your wish for me today. I'm headed to my studio right now... The sun is trying to peek out. We are getting snow flurries today, but it's bright and inspirational in my studio! So, I'm turning on my music and getting to work on a fun custom order. :)

    Wishing you a sunshine filled weekend! My love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a tridge before, what a delightful place! If that doesn't inspire you nothing will..... just the river names alone makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you enjoyed the pictures BJ, and I agree... If that place doesn't inspire you, nothing will! :) It is an interesting bridge, the tridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, you sure have been there Diane, and that was such a fun day, wasn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...