.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pictures of A Snowstorm...

Okay... all I can do is laugh!  This has been quite an interesting few days here... First of all, our well ran dry and a new well has to be dug.  Probably not until spring, the ground is FROZEN solid.  Boy, I never realized how much we take water for granted!  You can't do much of anything without it!  Anyway, we have a huge hole in the yard where they were examining the well problem which is filled with hay, and now covered in about 4 feet of snow, due to all the snow drifting.  Temporary "fix" is a big tank filled with water in the back of Georges pick-up truck in the garage... hose leaked and the water ran all over the garage floor... now it's frozen.  We have to walk through the garage to get to the basement, and out the back door for Izzie to do her 'dogly duty'...  So, along with shoveling snow, my boys are scraping ice out of the garage.   The blizzard that hit last night brought high winds (I really thought our windows were going to break!) and lots of snow, our propane tank was scheduled to be filled today, they can't get here because of the road conditions... Hopefully we won't run out of propane, keeping my fingers crossed on that one!  Very thankful for our space heaters and for the fact that with all this high wind, we have not lost power! Unlike my daughter in Texas, who did lose her electricity this morning... Home due to the icey roads (snow day for her school), she and her dog, Emmi are bundled up and probably very board. Hopefully she has a good book to read!  This storm is something else all the way from Texas on up...  

Just went outside, because at the moment the snow has stopped, and I took some pictures  that I thought you might enjoy seeing.

The shoveled path for Izzie :)


Yea! Bonus!!!  There is no ice or snow to be scraped off or swept off of my car because the high winds have very nicely piled it beside my car! :)  

My prayers are with everyone, that all of you stay safe and warm!  You know the song:  "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow"  ~ I'm changing the words to:  "Make it Stop, Make it Stop, Make it Stop" :)  

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thanks for sharing my 'fun' in the snowstorm day today!
Keep smiling!
~Trina



19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have never seen Snow quite like that before. I hope you and everybody else stays safe. Please take care!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina,

    Boy you are having a time aren't you? Most of the nastiness missed us. We got freezing rain/ice yesterday morning so no school and then overnight last night we had freezing rain again but the temp has warmed up and it is nicely melting the 12" from last Thursday. Hope you get dug out soon...and that you thaw for a new well to be drilled.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are incredible pictures. I can see why you didn't have to go to work today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Amy! Yes, we are staying inside where it's safe. All of our work places were closed today... definitely a snow day here, probably tomorrow as well. I appreciate your well wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I laughed, the code word I had to type out to post my comment was bumers! I think that describes your pictures really well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dee,
    Thank you! I hope we get dug out and thawed out soon too. So glad to hear that most of the nastiness missed you, and that the ice is melting nicely. Ice is so dangerous!
    Keep safe!
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mom, looks like at least the boys won't be going to work tomorrow either! I won't attempt driving if I don't have to... :)
    ~Trink

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Mom!! 'Bumers'... that is exactly what we seem to be experiencing here! One bummer right after the next... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW TRINA! That is a LOT of snow! I'm so sorry to hear about you well. I know how that can be, we live in the country too. I also LOVE the path for Izzie...we do that for Daisy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Katie! Yes, this has been a fun winter experience for the newbie that I am! (Only my 2nd winter here.)

    We love our doggies... the things we do to make life easier for them! :)
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just stunned at the snow...really! I'm still trying to wrap my mind around your car as I write this comment. And then let's not forget the well, and the ice skating rink in the garage. I will leave it at you are my hero for continuing to create amazing art, write super cool blog entries and have, what from what I can tell, a sense of humor about it all...you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jeremiah Johnson, Roughin' it in the Klondike...Bummer. At least you can laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Tina, for your sweet comment! We are hangin' in there up here... and we know that this too shall pass, so we'll dig out our ice skates and bundle up real warm and I'll keep playing with my clay! :)

    So glad you enjoy my blog posts! :)
    Hugs,
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlie, Thank you for the laugh!! I needed that!! I can ALWAYS count on you to say the perfect funny thing! :)

    ~Trina
    aka Jeremiah Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S.
    I sold a wedding cake topper just now!!! A bright spot for sure, on this 'fun in the snowstorm' kinda day!! YEA!
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Trina, your poor thing, you sure are having some serious challenges. That's A LOT of snow (AND ice)! So sorry to read about your dry well. May your propane hold out and may you get an early spring thaw and hit a gusher on the first try. You have just the best sense of humor and I know you'll get through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Anita!! I appreciate your supportive and kind words! I definitely want to try and keep a good perspective about all of it, and more importantly seek out the humor in the whole thing! You are right, we will get through it ~ and that is what I need to remember most of all! :)
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your attitude Trina - you could be complaining all over the place, but you are seeing the humor in it all. Our thoughts are with everyone back there in this horrible weather - global warming sucks, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Diane! We're hangin' in there! The main roads were plowed today and the sun has been out ~ Yea!!! They were able to come here and fill our propane tank... so that's one less thing to worry about. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...