.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Working in My Studio...

I hope you enjoyed a beautiful Christmas!  We enjoyed our day and a beautiful meal with our family.  Not wanting to spoil any Christmas surprises I have not posted any of the pieces that I have recently created.  Now that it is after Christmas, I thought that I would share a few of them with you today.   

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  For this first one, my customer asked me to create a whimsical likeness of a favorite photograph of her Mom's, which she sent to me.  The photograph is of her mom reading a book with their dog, Sadie, laying beside her.  There is a glass of wine on the arm of the couch, which my customer wanted included.  Last year I had created a figurine of Sadie laying in her bed with her favorite toy.  Sadie had passed away, so it meant so much to my customer to give the figurine to her Mom last year.  This year she wanted something special like that for her Mom's Christmas gift.  I really enjoyed creating this one!!  She sent great feedback when she received the figurine in the mail, and also wrote to me after her Mom opened her gift on Christmas Eve, to let me know how much it meant to her Mom.  That was very sweet of her, and I appreciate it so much!  It does my heart good to know that something I created means so much to my very awesome customer and to her Mom!!   Here are a couple more pictures from different angles:




.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  This next one was ordered by a customer who has also purchased something else from me before.  She wanted a park scene of her son, daughter-in-law and their dog.  She asked that her son be sitting under a tree with their dog, and his wife across from them taking a picture.  This one was different for me, a bigger figurine with the tree.  I put a blue bird in a nest sitting in a tree branch, added flowers and even a little spider climbing up the side of the tree.  I was pleased to know that she is very happy with the figurine and I thank her for the honor of creating it!!
 



.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  I have a 'Wooden' Rocking Horse listed in my Etsy Shop (You can see it by clicking HERE) ~ My customer asked if I could make it into an ornament for a child's first Christmas.  She wanted a white horse with black spots instead of the brown one she saw listed, so this is what I created for her:


.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  One last thing to share today... A customer wrote to me and told me that her husband is in the Army and in Iraq now.  She said that there is a grandmother who has befriended her husband, and that her grandchildren have sent him letters and gifts for his last three deployments.  She wanted to give each of them something really special for Christmas.  She sent me a photograph of her husband in uniform and I created these darling Keepsake Ornaments for her, personalizing each one by the child's favorite sport, or hobby and their favorite colors.  She wanted thirteen all together.  I sent the first three to her separately, for her own grandchildren.  These are the ten she gave as gifts to the grandmother and her grandchildren.  All of them were a lot of fun to create, I had a real little assembly line going in my studio!


.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  Thanks so much for stopping by today and for taking a peek at what I've been up to in my studio this Christmas season!!  As this year comes to a close and a New Year begins, I wish you much joy, laughter and happiness!!  :)  ~Trina

9 comments:

  1. This is SO great. What awesome ideas for presents (to recreate a scene or picture). Things like that have so much more meaning than just any other sculpture. Your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea to re-create a time and place that means so much to your customers. Your artistry is so whimsical and intricate. Well done for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so busy! What thoughtful pieces. I love the little rocking horse. He's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Tiffany, Sher and Mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Trina! I am blown away by your talent. It's so touching to hear the stories behind your custom creations.

    Thanks so much for commenting and following my blog! I'll be following yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Trina - You were BUSY over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrollwork, Thank you for the compliment on my work! Thanks too, for following my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Katie... Still busy too, I had an order of 9 pieces that I just finished this weekend and I'm working on another order right now. VERY thankful to all of my awesome customers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have come to be a big fan of your work and think that your ornaments, toppers and figurines are always precious, and beautifully crafted with wonderful little special embellishments that set them apart. However, I think you outdid yourself with your custom Christmas ornaments this year! I really appreciate the artistic creativity and vision that went into these pieces and the skilled craftsmanship to pull off the superb ideas. As your portfolio continues to grow it never ceases to mind boggle, adding happy customers to your fan club as it grows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...