.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Polymer Clay Artist Close to my Heart!

One of my CreationsIt is my pleasure and honor to feature Sandy Prenzi of Sandy's Creations in Clay today!!  She is most definitely a polymer clay artist close to my heart... She is my mom!! :)  I have always been inspired by her artwork and her creativity. When I was little, I remember that she always had a sketch pad with her, she would draw while my brothers and I would play.  All of her drawings were whimsical and sweet.  There was always something creative going on in our house throughout the years!  In fact, encouraging my artistic creativity, my mom and dad bought me my first box of clay when I was about six years old.  I must have made a great big mess because my mom was also the first one to take the clay away from me!  LOL!!  But clay became a BIG part of both of our lives anyway!! My mom and I created lots of things together and dabbled in all kinds of different crafts... One of which was dough art, and at Christmas time we had such fun creating ornaments.  As my own kids were growing up, the tradition continued and we would all sit around the table, enjoying each other while creating wonderful ornaments together.  Those ornaments still hang on our Christmas trees every year! I have many that my mom made and I love them all!  Those are fun memories, and I do believe that was the beginning of both of our sculpting addictions!  

Several years ago, my mom was inspired by all the beautiful masks she saw while walking through the many wonderful shops during her trip to Italy, and she began creating Masked Faces out of Polymer clay not long after that. In May of 2010 she opened her Etsy Shop: Sandy's Creations in Clay ~ where she has a wonderful selection of her Masked Faces, a series of Red Hat Pins, some sweet little Critter Sculptures with great big eyes, her wonderful Fairy Dwelling sculptures and much more.  She loves creating with polymer clay and continues to add new and unique handmade polymer clay creations to her shop all the time.  Here are some of her beautiful items... And you can also click on the link above to visit her Etsy Shop.

Green and bronze masked lady (10.75 by 8.75)  Framed
Green and Bronze Masked Lady

Red-Hat Pin
Red Hat Pin


Fairy House
Fairy House

Please Read Me A Bed Time Story
Please Read Me A Bedtime Story

Thank you Mom, for your inspiration!!!  :)

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Wishing you a beautiful day!!   
~Trina

13 comments:

  1. Awww, a sweet story about your mom and just in time for Mothers Day. She does great work.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, lovely post, lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina,
    I clicked on your post today and was so surprised to find that it was about me. You, my darling daughter, have been my inspiration! I love you Trink,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you Mom! So glad you like the post, I had fun writing it up! I love you too!
    ~Trink

    ReplyDelete
  5. To HaveFaithBelieve, Magpie's Trick and Anita, Thank you all for your sweet comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trina,
    What a wonderful tribute to your mother. I had no idea that Sandy was your mom and I have admired her work for a long time.

    My daughter also grew up playing with clay along side of me, making miniatures, going to shows, laughing and loving the time we were spending together.

    God bless you and your mom this Mother's Day and always.

    Penni Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Penni Jo, for your sweet comment!

    How wonderful that your daughter spent time with you at your shows throughout the years... Learning all about clay and sharing laughter together, such special memories for both you and your daughter!!

    Wishing you a very Happy Mothers Day, and Blessings Always to you and your family!

    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mom is a good one, Trina, a person who I like and admire a lot in only a short time of knowing her. I'm glad you have a good connection with her because our daughters are very important to us. I wish mine would clay with me... but I do have a daughter-in-law and granddaughter who I clay with sometimes, so that's great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your kind words about my Mom Jackie!! And, I do agree... My Mom IS a good one, and our daughters ARE very important to us!!

    My daughter and son both played with clay beside me somewhat when they were little and I have their wonderful clay creations displayed in my 'clayroom'. My daughter still makes things from time to time. It's such fun and she creates the most darling things!

    It's good that your daughter-in-law and granddaughter join you sometimes for claying fun!! Nice memories of fun times together! :) Many Blessings to you and your family Jackie! ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the best Mother's Day present Sandy Mommy could ever have. You did good, Kid! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Moe! Sandy Mommy is a great lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your post. You both have such amazing talent with polymer clay, I wish I could borrow some of your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Natacha! Such a sweet compliment!! :)
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...