.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Etsy Finds Friday - Theatron Italian Art

It's **Etsy Finds Friday**
Today I am featuring the Amazing
Sculptures created by 
Theatron Italian Art
Her sculptures are incredible!  

Here is what she says about how her artwork began for her, from her Etsy Profile:
"One of the most important days in my life was long time ago, when my passion for the theater was awakened. I'm a professional scenographer and I was born in Naples (Italy), a city where the life itself is theater: so colourful and varied with so many different characters that you can manage to meet strolling around the lively streets downtown. There, I started my profession, surrounded by the scent and the creaking of the stage boards, where illusions are painted and built to appear truer than reality.  Each one of my unique creations carries inside this overwhelming experience; each object is a part of the theater that we all live as actors or as spectators."


Mixed media sculpture (clay, fabric, wood).Traditional italian character - Pulcinella
 Traditional Italian Character - Pulcinella
Mixed Media Sculpture
(Clay, Fabric and Wood)

Description of the sculpture above:
One of a Kind sculpture. The figure or "character" is completely handmade, according to the ancient neapolitan technique of crib's figures: his head, hands and legs are made of clay, the body made from wire and hemp, and eyes made of glass. No moulds were used to create my sculpture, it is 100% hand made. The clothes are made as real theatrical costumes, according to the character's features. Each creation is part of a story: a particular scene of life, a literary fragment, or historical and traditional inheritance.

Measures:
base 7,87 x 7,87 inches
height 13 inches  

♥•.¸¸.•´♥`•.¸¸.•´♥`•.¸¸.•´♥`•.¸¸.•´♥
 

Nativity
Nativity 

Description of the sculpture above: 
One of a Kind sculpture. The figures are completely handmade, according to the ancient neapolitan technique of crib's figures: their head, hands and legs are made of clay, the body made from wire and hemp, and eyes made of glass. No moulds were used to create my sculpture, it is 100% hand made.  The "Nativity" is the central and the most important part of the crib, one of the greatest symbols of Christmas.

Measures (about) base: 12 x 12 inches
height: 10 inches 


.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Be sure to check out all the incredible one of a kind sculptures, drawings and paintings in her Etsy Shop!

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thank you for stopping by for my Etsy Finds Friday post!!  Please stay tuned for next Friday's Find... It could be YOU! :)   

Happy Friday!!   
~Trina




1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...