.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Snowy Season!

I was hoping that this was the last of the snow for this winter season!  But as I write this, I see that snow is in our ten day forecast... Wow!  I think spring is going to show up sometime in May or June this year (possibly July! LOL!).  As you can see in these pictures, the creek that runs along the back of our yard is frozen solid.  Our dog, Izzie doesn't quite understand why she can't get good footing in some areas of our yard.  She looks at me as if to say; "Fix this problem Mom"  ~  And I tell her I wish I could, because I find it difficult to walk outside right now too, especially when I have her on the leash.  She's 50 plus pounds and sometimes I feel like I'm skiing or sledding behind her as she pulls me, trying to get to wherever she wants to go with such excitement.  She really needs to learn to 'heel' better!  It's quite funny to see, I'm sure!  In fact, George was pulling into the driveway, coming home from work one day, while I was "walking" Izzie, and she began to run and I began to slide... And of course George began to laugh.  Yes, it is a funny sight!









.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Above is a picture of Izzie. I took that picture right before she decided to take off running, and  when she did, I dropped my camera in the snow.  She really didn't care at all, she just wanted to run and play!  I'm still too nervous to let her run free when I take her outside right before I go to work, so I keep her on a leash... I can just picture her chasing a squirrel or a bird ~ And I would be chasing after her and then I'd be late for work.  She is still learning her boundaries!  It's a slow process... Too many distractions for her out here in the country!



.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ The only flower in our yard... An ice covered metal sunflower!  It added a pop of color, which I most especially appreciated on all the dreary winter days!

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Well, if mother nature would cooperate, this will be my 'good-bye to winter' blog post for this year!   Thanks for visiting today!
~Trina



6 comments:

  1. Great pictures Trina, Izzy looks perfectly happy, while you are freezing. I hope your Spring weather comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sunny when I got up today, but now the wind is blowing at gale force, and the forecast says - SNOW! Crud! Let's get moving, SPRINGTIME!! There is still a 12-foot pile of snow in the front and in the back. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, Izzie LOVES the snow! Crazy dog! Yup, I freeze and she romps and plays... Although there are some days when I can tell the cold bothers her paws. We don't stay outside very long on those days, which is really very OK with me! LOL! Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do agree Jackie!! SPRINGTIME really does need to hurry up and arrive! That sun just doesn't want to stay out very much this winter, does it?! And boy, you certainly do have a lot of snow piled up still... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trina, I'm feelin your pain..It started out with flurries at noon today, and never did quit, finally as night fell it was a full on snow, as I look out on our back deck I can see at least an inch or more..I was so hoping we had seen the last of it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean Bonnie, I was hoping we'd seen the last of the snow this winter too... SOON, spring will be here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...