.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Sneak Peek - Part I...

I am in the process of creating a Custom Order Dragon Wedding Keepsake, and I thought I would share a sneak peek with you today...


My customers were married over a year ago and they had something similar on their castle wedding cake, made of fondant.  They wanted to know if I could create a clay keepsake, so they can display it in their home.  This is my version of a dragon, and I'm creating the bride, groom, their attire and flowers based on their wedding pictures that they sent to me.  They had a Renaissance style wedding and there are so many fun details to create in clay!

In these photographs the dragon is looking over the edge, but I am changing that, he will be laying flat.  I am very inspired to create another dragon looking over the edge... Hmmmm... That may be my next big clay creation!  This dragon will have a bride and groom sitting on his back and he'll have wings...  He's about 6" wide (from one foot to the tip of his tail on the other side) and 8" long right now.  Once the bride, groom and wings are added, the piece will be just approximately 4" tall and 8" wide.


I've been sculpting with polymer clay for a long time now, and it is still so much fun to take a lump of clay, some wire, foil and other goodies, and make all of it become a piece of art!  I love to see my clay creations come to life, and funny as this sounds, I grow attached to them and miss them when I send them off to their new homes! 



The most rewarding part of what I do is when I receive a note or feedback from my customers letting me know they are pleased with their piece.  It makes what I do that much more worthwhile!  I enjoy creating every detail and appreciate every one of my AWESOME Customers!!! 


...There will be more photographs to come, as I progress further on this fun Dragon Wedding Figurine/Keepsake!!!  I hope you'll 'stay tuned'! :)

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thanks so much for visiting today! 
~Trina

10 comments:

  1. beautiful,would look amazing on a pile of aged books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having the dragon looking over the edge. Would be a great display on a bookcase! He is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great beginning...I can't wait to see the end product! I feel the same way about creating with clay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea. That will be great.
    I know how you feel about saying goodbye to the creatures we make. It IS hard! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I'm loving the look of this dragon even in its unfinished state! I quite like him peaking over the edge :)
    I become attached to my OOAK bags too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun custom order! I can't wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to see this wonderful dragon as he comes to life. I love the imaginative design. You are surely creating a family heirloom that will be treasure. it will be fun to see the pieces as they comes together. I'm loving to see photos of the process your piece as it progresses through your talented hands from lumps of clay, wire and foil to a finished masterpiece. I do understand about missing a piece when it's sold. I do that too. We're so lucky that we can at least have photos to remember them by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Dragon Trina! I can't wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a neat order! I love it, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely keep watch for the coming photos. I know this one is going to be awesome! You know how I love your critters...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...