.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Sneak Peek - Part III

Well, my Dragon Wedding Keepsake custom order is coming along so nicely, and the dragon now has his wings!  But first are a few pictures from Sneak Peeks I and II, so you can see how it's progressed so far.


The Dragon

The Dragon with the Bride and Groom

...And below are today's photographs...
For the wings, I created a foil and wire armature first.  After sculpting the clay over the armature to create the wings, I attached them to the dragon with wire.   I also created the brides beautiful cascading bouquet and the detail work on the grooms shirt... 


The wings span approximately 8" and they make such a great backdrop
 for the bride and groom.  I used a copper color mica powder on the wings 
to add dimension and bring out the detail...


 The bride's hair is pulled back in a double set of braids that come together in a bun.  
White flowers are placed in in her hair as well.



You can click the following links to see Part I and Part II of my 'Sneak Peek' posts, 
and soon I will share photographs of the finished piece...

.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)  
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thanks so much for visiting today! 
~Trina

9 comments:

  1. This is an amazing creation! I love how you are showing us a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the bride and groom and all the details. The dragon looks neat too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the wings really make it stand out! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. What do you put between the cake and the polymer clay since the two should not touch??
    Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! The wings are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has got to be one of my favorites, Trina... it's all the little details that make your creations so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's coming together beautifully! This is going to be such a unique piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...the bride's braids and her side-saddle stance...just amazing! what a great cake topper. One the couple can keep and display forever, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your comments, I'm so glad to know that you like my Dragon Wedding Keepsake!! This was a fun one to create! :)

    Deb, For Cake Toppers, it's suggested to place plastic wrap between the cake topper and the cake to keep it food safe, especially if using as a topper multiple times. It's not that the clay itself gives off anything unsafe for food, it's that once used on a cake, (because polymer clay is porous) particles of the cake may remain in the crevices, which could be unsafe if using as a topper again.

    The final pictures of this Dragon Keepsake are coming soon!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...