.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Miss My Dad...

I miss my Daddy every day, I think about him all the time, he passed away in 2003 and certain times of the year are more difficult than others.  It's Father's Day today and I was thinking of his sweet smile, how he'd come over to visit with his cup of coffee in hand.  My dad was the kind of man who, if you told him you were interested in something, he would learn all about it, so that he could share it with you.  He was very artistic and had many talents, he was always trying something new.  If he didn't know how to do something, he'd try anyway and learn how.  Sometimes there was a bit of 'trial and error' ~ All of which made for some funny memories! LOL!

My Dad LOVED gadgets and these days there are so many new gadgets I just know he'd love!  I'm always thinking; "Oh, my Dad would just 'have to have' that!" Yes, he always loved technology and the 'latest' gadget!  ...But most of all, my Dad loved my Mom and his family more than anything, and was a true friend to the people he called 'friend'. 

I loved my Dad's wonderful sense of humor and his kindness, he was so generous, always ready to help in any way he could... And he always believed everything was going to be OK!  I didn't realize until I got older how soothing those words were when he spoke them:  "Everything's going to be ok."  

My Dad was Larger than Life and there is definitely a hole where he used to be.  Today, on Father's Day, I wanted to make a special point of saying that I thank you EVERY DAY Daddy, for all that you taught me, shared with me and gave me.  I thank you for loving me and I hope you know how much I love you.  Your legacy lives on in all three of us, your kids ~ and in all three of your beautiful, wonderful grandchildren!  I treasure all of our memories Daddy, and I am proud to be your daughter. I miss you.



.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥  Wishing all the Dads out there a Very Happy Father's Day today, filled with what will become wonderful memories to cherish forever!
~Trina

16 comments:

  1. También perdí a mi padre, hace ya muchos años,yo era una adolescente de 18 años y no he dejado de pensar ni en élni entodas las cosas que haria y veria actualmente. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina,

    What a nice tribute to your Dad. You are very lucky to have had such a wonderful man in your life. Hope your hubby has a wonderful Fathers Day.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma Reyes ~ I'm sorry you lost your dad at such a young age. It's good you keep your memories of him close. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dee! I appreciate your kind words.

    We are going to enjoy this nice day outside today with George, BBQ and relax! Hope your hubby has a Happy Father's Day too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trina,
    I never got to meet your Dad, but I have come to know him through the wonderful stories shared by your Mom, Diane and Mickey. He was a great Dad and a good man. Thank-you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gayl, he was a great dad and a good man. I'm sorry you never got to meet him. There sure are a lot of wonderful stories, lots of funny ones too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trina, I wish your dad were here too. I miss him so much. You are so right when you say how much he would love the new gadgets. He'd buy every single one of them for sure.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you miss him Mom, and I know some days are more difficult than others. Thinking of you today. I love you! ~Trink

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu know, I am mad at him to this day for leaving us. Life has not been as much fun, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean Diane, life will never be the same again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Trina....thank you for this post. I miss him too!
    All of the things you said are true, and I laughed at the technology part...you aren't kidding. Sometimes I picture him on Facebook and it makes me smile.
    Well...we wish big George a wonderful father's day today...enjoy your time and each other...love you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tina, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my post about Dad! I can totally see him having a blast with facebook! I'll smile now too, when I think of that! :) We wish Charlie a Happy Father's Day, and hope you're all enjoying! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely and moving post Trina. Your dad sounds like he was a wonderful man. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Suzy, for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...