.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my Blog! A blog about Celebrating LIFE and all it's wonders... A blog about ART ~ POLYMER CLAY CREATIONS ~ PHOTOGRAPHY and so much more! I have such fun with my blog, sharing stories, and the things that capture my imagination! I am so inspired by the artists and creations that I also share here, it is my hope that you will be inspired too!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Polymer Clay Sailor and Lady Bug Picnic!

For the month of June, the Polymer Clay Enthusiasts Team on Etsy (PCETeam) presented two 'Stretch Yourself' Challenges.  The first is to create something Patriotic and the second is to create something to do with a Picnic, both in honor of the summer months and upcoming holidays.  The first of my little creations for the team challenge combined the two... It's A Lady Bug Picnic! :)   You can click on the images to see the listings in my Etsy Shop.



All dressed up in their 4th of July finest, these two little Lady Bugs are enjoying a picnic on their blanket in the grass.  With the tiny basket of fruit for them to munch on, and three yellow roses that he picked for her, they are having a happy day!


Next, here's my little Sailor!  My Grandfather served in the Navy during WWII. Through the years he shared many stories with us about his time in the Military. I was thinking of him while I created this little figurine.  Saluting proudly, this figurine/cake topper stands approximately 3 1/2" tall on a 2" base.  


.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ♥ Thanks for visiting today and taking a peek at my newest creations!
~Trina

8 comments:

  1. Both of your creations are awesome, but that little sailor captures my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always so sweet and well crafted. That Navy guy especially stole my heart and how special to have been inspired by your grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mom! I was so happy at how they both turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Anita!! That little Navy guy was such fun to create and I love his little expression. I'm so glad to know you like him! I was very pleased with how he and the lady bugs turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are wonderful Trina, I especially love the little sailor. My Daddy was a sailor in WW2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ZudaGay! So glad you like them. And a thank you to your father for his service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Followed your link from PCC. What wonderful figures you've created. The little sailor man is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Barbara!! :) I am happy to know that you like my work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today! Please leave your comments... I look forward to them, and really enjoy reading them! Have a wonderful day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...